Friday, August 22, 2008

Glory Days


So I played softball in our reginal church tournament that started on Wednesday. I haven't played ball in over 8 years and wondered if I still had what it takes. I was pleasantly surprised with myself. I pitched which was the first surprise. I only walked one batter and I struck out several of the people (at least 2 of them guys) (He He He). I could have played another 3 hours and was sad when the game was over. (we lost)I was on this high for the rest of the night. We play again on Friday night and I am pumped about it. I have to get on a team next summer.

I did want to show off my battle scar. I was running from first to second. The ball was hit to the left center fielder. Being the aggressive runner that I like to be I rounded second and was headed to third before realizing that might not have been smart. I stopped half way between second and third when the third baseman caught the ball. I headed back to second and slide. Yeah I was safe. Bet they never expected a girl to slide. Check out the nice strawberry I got from it though.
I came home and put the kids to bed before doctoring on myself. After a shower and a lot of burning while in there I poured peroxide on it. Talk about wanting to cuss and scream all at the same time. I will never make Alyssa put peroxide on her scrapes again.
It was nice to know that I might not be 20 and in college anymore, but I still got it!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Alaina said...

Way to go Donna! And yeah for me for finally being able to get on! What a treat to see the girls and little John dance and all the latest news. We luv you all and miss ya. ~Alaina

sladefamilyaz said...

Go Donna! Do you get to taunt the other team too, like "hey batta batta"?

jdenslen said...

I refrained from getting too overbearing in the game. The team we played on Friday were real snots and I really wanted to taunt them.

Cheyenne said...

Great post! Aubrey and I won't play any church-sanctioned sports. We walk away thinking everyone should be ex-communicated! Also, loved the pictures of John and your family on the bridge. So good! And, yes, it was Tracy McLees who had her baby. She's obviously still in the hospital, but so far so good.