However, I hope even after my technical faults you are able to enjoy the pictures I took over the last month.

Other than Ashley, John is the only one of my children that would get a book and sit down and look at it when he was this young. He loves books. He doesn't necessarily like me to read books to him, but he loves to look at them himself. He is all about doing everything himself.




For Family Home Evening on the 20th we carved pumpkins. I love Alyssa's and Adalyn's pumpkin faces. They drew their own faces with markers and then we cut them out.
Just a little side note: It has only been a week and our pumpkins are already caving in on themselves. Just too chilly for them this year. They are not going to make it till Thanksgiving. Oh well, It was fun making them. John's is an "OH" face. I remember when Ashley was little she always used to do this face and I would laugh. So cute. Good memories.
In our stake we are doing a Humanitarian Project. We made a goal to do 100 quilts by Oct 25th. We have had quilting activities every week trying to get them done. I am sewing the boarder around one of the quilts here after we tied it at the church. It was fun to do this and a great way to teach the girls about service.

Ashley got to spend about 12 days with us the end of September. We had a great time. She is getting so big. I remember when she was just a little thing. Now she is in the fifth grade and growing up so fast. It is so fun to have her here and the Adalyn and Alyssa want to spend every moment with her. We miss her so much when she has to go back home.
The kids are all watching a movie. Yes, even John. Don't they look cute!!!!!

John has found a new spot. This is in our new bathroom downstairs. He likes to climb on the toilet and then pull himself up onto the counter. Luckily he hasn't figured out how to turn the water on or we would have a flooded bathroom and a wet boy. As you can see he is very content. He also likes toothbrushes. That one is Alyssa's in his mouth. I have tried to start shutting the bathroom door but he is persistent.
This might show what a "cheapo" I am, but maybe there are other "cheapo's" out there that will benefit from my idea. When it is school picture day I hang up a gray blanket and take Alyssa's pictures at home. This way I don't have to buy the $20 school pictures but I still have one for her baby book and photo album. I purchase the class picture from the school and make my own individuals.
Isn't she so beautiful.
Alyssa is going to be a cat for Halloween. She decided to try her costume on early. She came up with the idea to make the nose and whiskers. Pretty smart girl. She cut out the nose and whiskers out of construction paper and then glued them onto her face. I thought she did a pretty good job.
Our hammock finally kicked the bucket. I am sure it had nothing to do with my two favorite guys sitting on it at the same time!









No comments:
Post a Comment