One of my neighbors gave me the idea for this. Each year she takes her daughter to see the nutcracker. They dress up in their best and she gives her daughter a nutcraker to take to the play.
I decided to start this tradition with the girls. They were so excited. They watched with large eyes as the play unfolded. Adalyn talked about the play through the whole first half. You could tell she was so excited. The second half was a little more mellow. Adalyn fell asleep shortly after the intermission ended. I had to keep talking to Alyssa so she would not fall asleep. I will look forward to this tradition each year.
I will also try and remember to get pictures of us together before the play instead of after.




December 10, 2008
Relief Society Christmas Play
My calling at church is the chorister in Relief Society. This has been a hard calling for me. I know it should be the easiest calling, but it was totally out of my comfort zone. Anyway, I was able to help plan and direct the the Christmas play. We performed the Play "the 10 Virgins". The book for this play is sold at Deseret Book and is really amazing. It is a musical with each character singing a solo. It was a little difficult to find 11 people who were willing to sing solos, but we did. I am always amazed at how the Lord's hand is in all things from the greatest to the smallest things.
This play was amazing and I was so glad to be a part of it (even if it was directing)




No comments:
Post a Comment