Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Random shots

It has taken me a while to get my blog updated. I actually tried to post several weeks ago and couldn't get the video on that I wanted. After spending way too much time with it I just got frustrated and got off. It has been a busy November. Alyssa had her 7 year birthday as you can see from the post before this. We had Thanksgiving. I cooked and we had our friend Mark Birch come over with his 3 kids. We had Ashley down for a visit during that time. Can you believe I didn't get any pictures while she was here.
We did lots of shopping on Black Friday. I actually got up at 3:15 to get to Kohls for a few things. Jacob got up at 5 and went to Wal-mart to get towels that were on sale. How many women can say their husbands would get up at 5 in the morning to go get towels that are on sale. Do I have a great husband or what. I sure do love him.

The kids are growing up so fast.
So I decided to put some random pictures on this post.

I will explain them as I go

















These are two pictures Adalyn made at preschool. The one above is actually an eye. My sister-n-law, Jenny Sue, emailed me a offer from the Oprah show for a free photo album. I put a bunch of the girls art in there. I can't wait for it to come in.
















I thought this one Alyssa drew was really cute. If you can't read the captions above each picture here is what they say.
This is what I looked like when I was born.
This is what I looked like when I was in first grade
This is what I will look like when I am 30
This is what I will look like when I am 50
this is what I will look like when I am 100.
I asked Alyssa to tell me about the picture she drew when she was 100. She said she is dying and that that red stuff on both sides of her is blood. Her caption is saying "oh no".
What an imagination.
I love it.


So after my Mary Kay venture that didn't really pan out I had all these free samples of blush, eye shadow, lipsick, and eye liner left over. I have been letting the girls play with it. Today they got a little carried away. Let's hope as they get older their make-up applying skills get a little better.
The best thing about this is that it totally occupied their time for over an hour.

























And then we have John. What can I say. He is in a category all his own. The tub picture was taken a few days ago. Jacob had given him a bath and dressed him. Next thing we know we hear Alyssa screaming "No John". Jacob goes in there to find him back in the tub. He sure does love the water.


Another thing he loves to do is climb on the table. He had found this hat and put it on himself. He did pretty good.
We put up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. After John is done we are probably going to have to buy a new one. The bottom branches are bent. The lights are not on there nice and neat anymore. There are no decorations at the bottom of the tree anymore. He still finds a way to get them down. I found him in a chair the other day pulling them off. When you come after him he throws them at you. He even found a way to get the glass ones off even though they are high. He broke one of them and was trying to eat it when I found him. He was not happy that I was digging it out of his mouth.
John definitely keeps us all on our toes. I am sure glad for 3 older sisters that love to keep an eye on him.
There is never a dull moment in our house. Each day is a new adventure. Hopefully I can share our adventures with everyone as they happen.

5 comments:

sladefamilyaz said...

John makes me laugh. He looks so much like Rhett in the picture of him in the tub.

Cheyenne said...

You're kids are the coolest. I'm sorry I won't be around for Alyssa's 100th birthday!

PS You are and AWESOME sister-in-law ;)

Marta said...

Donna, your kids are so cute. I'm sorry we didn't get a picture while Ashley was here! Next time for sure! Love ya, Donna and miss hanging out with you! Let's change that soon-k!

Christina said...

I loved the pict of John crawling back in the tub. My boys have done that so many times! I'm glad I'm not the only one with crazy boys.

Alaina said...

Great photos. I'll have to remember the puppy b-day games you had for Alyssa, I constantly feel like our home is a pet shop. At the moment all my couch cushins are being used as a dog house. I love it and at the same time try to keep from pulling my hair out over it.